If Assange is sent to the U.S., he would face up to 175 years in prison over unprecedented espionage charges for publishing truthful information in the public interest.
Go to the Allies page under the “Resources” menu item to see a list of recommended Twitter accounts to follow to get regular updates on Assange’s extradition hearings.
See daily court reports from Bridges for Media Freedom below, and journalists who regularly cover Julian Assange beneath that.
- Day 22
- Day 21
- Day 20
- Day 19
- Day 18
- Day 17
- Day 16
- Day 15
- Day 14
- Day 13
- Day 12
- Day 11
- Day 10
- Day 9
- Day 8
- Day 7
- Day 6
- Day 5
- Day 4
- Day 3
- Day 2
- Day 1
- "If they are truly defending freedom, why is it that Mr. Assange was thrown in prison?" The post Assange’s Persecution Highlights U.S. & U.K. Hypocrisy appeared first on Assange Defense.
- Video: A CODEPINK event, featuring Julian Assange's partner and half-brother The post Capitol Calling Party: In Defense of Whistleblowers appeared first on Assange Defense.
- Watch this panel event hosted by the Chicago branch of the Assange Defense Committee The post Deconstructing the Prosecution of Julian Assange appeared first on Assange Defense.
- A global examination of Julian Assange's case and press freedom: Video available in English, Spanish, and French The post International Symposium of Parliamentarians appeared first on Assange Defense.
- International rallies marked 2 years since Julian Assange was arrested and imprisoned in HMP Belmarsh The post Global Day of Action for Julian Assange: April 11 appeared first on Assange Defense.
Craig Murray’s Reports
25 February – 1 March 2020
7 September – 1 October 2020
Day 5: by Craig Murray
The links herein will provide readers with full details of the Hearings in London of the case of Julian Assange, beginning 25 February 2020 to 15th October 2020.
With much gratitude we acknowledge the following contributors:
– Witnesses Testimonies: https://assangedefense.org/live-blog-entry/guide-to-testimony-in-julian-assanges-extradition-hearing/
– Daily Reports by the JADC: https://assangedefense.org/live-blog-entry/guide-to-testimony-in-julian-assanges-extradition-hearing/
– Don’t Extradite Assange: https://dontextraditeassange.com/mp/
– Ruptly TV: https://www.ruptly.tv/en/landing/Assange
– the World Socialist Web Site: http://www.wsws.org
– Global Research http://www.globalresearch.ca
Kevin Gosztola’s Coverage on Shadowproof
- The following was published as part of The Dissenter Newsletter, a project of Shadowproof. Become a subscriber here. When the United States government had drone whistleblower Daniel Hale arrested and the judge revoked his bail, they deprived him of the ability to tie up loose ends and prepare for incarceration before […]
- NSA whistleblower Reality Winner was released from federal prison to a halfway house in San Antonio on June 2. She was released one week later to home confinement with her family. The post Mother Of NSA Whistleblower Reality Winner Describes Her Daughter’s Release From Prison appeared first on Shadowproof.
- A federal court ruled in favor of journalist Abby Martin, who was barred from speaking at Georgia Southern University after she refused to pledge she would not boycott Israel. Judge Mark Cohen in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia recognized [PDF] a Georgia state law […]
- A federal judge ordered drone whistleblower Daniel Hale's arrest, and United States authorities took him into custody after a judge concluded he violated the terms of his supervised release. The post Drone Whistleblower Daniel Hale Detained At Facility Where Chelsea Manning Attempted Suicide appeared first on Shadowproof.
- Secretary of State Antony Blinken marked World Press Freedom Day by calling attention to governments that are “becoming less transparent” and “more repressive.” “Some governments incarcerate journalists, harass them, target them for violence,” Blinken stated. “Some use other, more subtle [methods] like mandating professional licenses for journalists and using endless […]